After the successful Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung has finally unveilled its new long awaited product, Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 . This is in fact the next in its second-generation tablet range. This new large-screened device features the likes of Android 4.0 a 1GHz dual core processor and a 3MP rear-facing camera.
Samsung is pretty insistent on not letting Apple monolpolize the tablet market. Just after the release of iPad3 or what is called the New iPad, Samsung let out the Galaxy Tab2 10.1. Both of these new gadgets developed a new look and focuses on the promotion of the desing. Anyway, let us have a look at what this new Tab 2 10.1 has to offer for its users.
Some features of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Here is a list of the main features that Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 offers ti uers:
- It is a nice looking tablet with a bit less prmium feel
- It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- It has a touchWiz interface with messy widgets and slightly confusing menu system
- It is empowered with a dual-core 1GHz processor
- It is 0.38 ( 9.7mm) a bit thicker than Tab 10.1
- It has a 3MP camera without flash in the back and a VGA camera in the front for video chat
- It has stereo speakers on both sides of the screen
- It has 1GB of RAM
- The GPU is listed as PowerVR SGX540 the same one we have in the Galaxy Nexus
- It has a version with a SIM card slot and 21Mbps download speeds, and also sports the usual plethora of connectivity options we've come to expect from Samsung, like Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS, FM Radio and DLNA media streaming, which is managed by the AllShare app.
So what do you think about these features? is it worth the upgrade or it is just as Phone arena said " If you have been waiting on a breathtaking quad-core Android tablet with 1080p display from Samsung, the Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) is not it. Despite that the “2” implies an upgrade, it is actually inferior to the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 in certain aspects, so its main advantage remains Android ICS. "
Watch the following video to learn more