Merriam Webster is one of America's most useful and respected dictionaries. It has a web version that is visited by thousands of users each day. It is also included in school libraries all over the globe. Meriam Webster has now an app that is designed specifically for the iPad.
This app is free and very easy to use. It offers word definitions from Websters' collegiate dictionary. It also supports the voice search functionality which allows users to speak out their words and get their definitions without having to spell them. Just like Dictionary.com, Merriam Webster has also an integrated version of Thesaurus that provides sentence examples to illustrate definitions.
Some features of Merriam Webster' app
Here is a set of the main features that Merriam Webster App offers to its users:
- It is free
- It is easy to use
- It has a user friendly interface
- It provides word definitions and sentence examples
- It has integrated Thesaurus with Antonyms and Synonyms
- It supports voice search and audio pronunciation
- It offers words of the day and favourites
- It has a recent history section where to track words you have previously searched for.
Head over to iTunes store and download the app.